Saturday, November 21, 2009

THIS IS IT for Sam's Zambia Experience!

You were the motivation for me to keep publishing posts! THANK YOU very much for visiting my blog! Although I highly doubt that you had nearly as much fun reading it, as I had writing it, I do hope that you enjoyed the posts. Since April, this site received thousands of hits from 61countries.

I hope that through this medium I was able to shed some light on what life in an African country is like, even though this blog may resemble using a match to light a palace. I hope that I shared enough information to reduce common prejudices about places, people and life in an African country, and I hope that I was able to expand your horizons. I hope that you are now more aware and care (more) about life in places that are not “just around the corner”. Finally, I hope that I was able to build up enough interest and/or courage that you may even consider a trip to Zambia, or any other country that seems “so far away and so different”. This trip to Zambia, was certainly an experience of a lifetime, and I'll keep the memories forever.

For those of you who would like to travel, but are not in a position to do that, I hope that at some point in the near future you will be able to travel, and I hope that in the meantime you were able share my experience of life in Zambia.

In closing, I would like to thank my lovely wife Azadeh. Not only has she been volunteered to become an editor, a model and a photographer, but this whole "blog thing" was initially HER idea; and come to think of it, the whole “doing service abroad thing" was also initially HER idea. In other words, without her, I wouldn’t have made it to Africa, and you wouldn’t have been able to read this sentence. THANK YOU AZADEH!

2 comments:

  1. Sam and Azadeh - I just found your blog today and found it inspiring. I attended high school in Lusaka, but have been back in the states since 1977. I am considering a two year position in Lusaka, and trying to search everything I can find about what to expect if I do get to go. I'd love to hear more from you, If you wouldn't mind. My email address is garyallen@mac.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sam am glad to meet you my fellow blogger.How is Zambia,let us work together to help our fellow Africans to fight poverty using the Internet

    Hello Sam am glad to meet you here on your blog,thanks for caring and your blog is educative.I would like to share with you this opportunity where you will be able to help your fellow Africans mainly the Zambian at Home.The company is fully committed to help people succeed in Health,Wealth and Total Well being.We're on Kalundwe road in Lusaka.
    Fot more information contact me on my email or phone number below:
    Phone:+256772644100
    Email:johnjoka7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete